Monday, November 21, 2016

Sound Nutrition on The Go

Hiya,

Just a quick post to let you all know, if you don't have time to prep your food there are some alternatives out there. Giant grocery store has a great selection of nutritious meals in their deli section. You can't miss their little brown containers. They are prepared fresh regularly and are 170 calories & up. 


Above is one of my favorites, Encrusted Tilapia with Rice Medley and broccoli. This meal was before a heavy leg day. I alternate what I eat, naturally I need some carbs before training to fuel myself through the workout. I have starchy carbs in moderation. The meal above is annihilated before I leave the gym. Once I'm out of the gym, I usually have a post workout recovery shake. Maybe 30 minutes after, I'll have a prepared meal of sweet potato, spinach, asparagus & eggs.  I eat 5-6 times a day, every 2-3 hours.


Above is a meal from my food prep arsenal, beef, chicken & rice stir fry with carrots and pieces of scrambled egg. I had shrimp in there, but I sorta picked them all out. LOL  These containers are great for food prepping. When I have a long day of PT & massage, these go on the road with me and I just heat the food up in between clients and eat. Remember, you don't want to get hungry and wolf down fast food if you're out & about. Don't get me wrong, it's okay to eat at Chic Filet, or Taco Bell once in a blue moon, but not every day, or every week, even. Heck, I sometimes do get a craving for a Filet O Fish from McDonald's. It has been a very long time since I've had a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder. But all things I've mentioned above you can definitely make a healthier knock off in your home!

Another good thing to have in your arsenal are walnuts & almonds. These are protein packed chipmunk food that will fuel you in between meals. They are filling too.

So that's it, Hope you're having an awesome Monday!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment