Saturday, October 18, 2014

Homemade Spritz Recipe


This morning I created a quick and easy moisturizing mist. For those who prefer light mists over heavy butters, this is a wonderful way of refreshing an old twist or braid out or just adding a little moisture first thing in the morning. This is great when you hop in a steamy shower, the steam opens cuticles and using this spritz helps to add/seal in moisture while laying the cuticles down. Remember, aloe vera gel/juice flattens cuticles, prevents frizz, and balances pH levels in the hair.

Last night I trimmed my hair and when I took off my silk cap, my strands were still nice and moisturized. Just to test my handiwork, I took down a twist and I'm happy to say, it didn't go puffy on me!  Yay!!  The definition was nice, just the way I like it and held even after six hours from takedown.

Moisturizing Mist

3-4 parts water

1 part Sunflower oil

1 part Sweet Almond Oil

2 parts aloe vera gel

6 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil

This mist must be refrigerated and will last a few days or a week in the fridge. Make just enough to last a few days so you don't waste anything.

I have some dried hibiscus leaves soaking to gain their essential nutrients and will be adding a little into my mix as well. Hibiscus is great for strengthening the hair, stops hair loss, and breakage. In my next post I'll talk about the oils I use in my homemade recipes and hair care regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment