Friday, February 27, 2015

More Moisture Tips

More Moisture Tips

Hey folks, hope you all are staying warm. I must admit, this winter has been a harsh one. Sub zero temps, etc. It snowed like crazy and I think we have 3-4 inches here in Maryland.

I can't recall a time in my 3 + years of being natural where i've had to struggle with maintaining moisture levels in my hair. 






This is the first year I've considered investing in a humidifier. I plan to get one tomorrow when we're out and about. If you don't have a humidifier there are other ways to infuse moisture into your home for hair, skin, and any sinus troubles you may be experiencing. 

1. Keep a pan of warm water heating on the stove (This really works. I just started this last night.) Honestly, I never thought to do this until I spoke to my Grams last night. Thinking back she always kept a pan of water on the stove. It truly helps. 

2. Run a steaming hot shower for at least 5 -  10 minutes. (I don't recommend taking an extremely hot shower, although it does feel good. But, it does dry the skin out.

3. Fill glass bowls with water. To decorate, add flowers, pebbles. The water vapors will release into the air, making it more moisturized. 

4. Get one of those indoor water fountains. They're calming when you hear the water running and it's another way of putting moisture into your dry atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment