Sunday, September 29, 2013

Beauty Supply Store Trip

Well, I needed some more bobby pins because honestly, my old ones are all shot to hell. I was greeted by a Korean woman and an African American lady with chin length permed hair. I asked where the bobby pins were and they told me aisle four.

Okay, now first of all I'm not a paranoid person. I've embraced my natural hair but I could have sworn for cheese n crackers they started talking about me as soon as turned my back. I heard them whispering and giggling and I thought to myself, maybe they're just picking up on the convo they had before I entered, who knows. But then again, you know when someone's talking about you, hell I've had enough experience on that to last many lifetimes.

I returned to the counter with three packs of bobby pins and just smiled. I noticed the African American lady checking me out. I like to wear crystals and stones so, I have a pretty unique look. I had my hair in twists with the bangs out, which I must say were totally rocking and well defined.

It doesn't matter to me about the whispering and all, that's okay, it's all good. I'd just like to know how many of you natural haired divas get the side eye when you walk into a Beauty Supply Store? Do you feel as though you're being judged by fellow women of color rocking perms?  Just curious.

Until next time, Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment