Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Temptation and Eating Clean

Right now I'm torn between eating clean and popping a few fruit snacks. Problem is, I've started eating clean. I mean, I'm eating Shirataki Noodles because they have no calories. I sometimes mix oat bran in my protein shakes.

Now for those of you who know me, you know I love my fruit snacks.

 It can be the Scooby Doo Snacks, Dora The Explora, Fineas & Ferb, etc. Fruit snacks are my Kryptonite, my downfall. Why? Because of the sugar they contain! I've eaten a pack of day sometimes and there have been other instances where I'll eat 3 or 4 bags. Yes, anything Gummy. Gummy Lifesavers, Gummi Bears. Hell, Starburst had the nerve to put out those gummy gusher chews.

But you see. I've been down this road before. When I set my mind to it I can turn down temptation. My goal this time is to create muscle. I've been doing Insanity and the Butt Bible, but I need to join a gym. I've been twice this week so far on a 7 day guest pass but I'm not really enjoying the atmosphere of this particular setting. Okay, going off base here.

 When I do Butt Bible I use the heavier weights, like 15 pounds for my squats, lunges, and even the upper body workout. However, I've noticed my left arm is weaker than my right. I need to do Preacher Curls, Military Press, and the Leg Press. Those were awesome, haven't used those machines in years.

Now, I know what some ladies may be thinking right now. Weights will make you hulk up. Nope, that's a myth. Our bodies aren't designed to bulk up like that, unless you're taking steroids or if you continue to eat foods that are unhealthy while you're pumping iron. Then you'll be a toned bull dozer. I've always had some definition going on, but I would like to be a little more cut. So, I'm eating clean.

Tonight's dinner consisted of black beans, Quinoa, chicken breast and half a sweet potato. I'm full, mind you; but dude I really could go for some fruit snacks! LOL

Okay, my rant is over. Here's a few pics of the style I sported while working out.


 And this one is half an hour ago when my teenager ate fruit snacks in front of me. Ah, temptation. But I can hang! Not giving up because I've got my eyes on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment