Thursday, April 30, 2015

Twist N Curl After Wash Day

Hiya curlies. Yesterday was wash day for me. I washed my hair using Soft Sheen Carson's Optimum Oil Therapy Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner. Now, it's been a few years since I've used these products.  I needed a shampoo that would safely lift the oils and butters I use in my hair. Usually I co-wash using As I am or Jane Carter's Creamy Co-Wash conditioner.

I purchased them yesterday from Shopper's Food Warehouse. Can't believed I overlooked them all this time. They can be purchased via the website or Walmart, but I'm telling you, this line seems to be rare. The Micro-Oil Technology helps to infuse the hair with moisture. I love that it has Coconut Olive, Avocado and Jojoba oils. I didn't suffer from tangling or breakage, either. You see, since my hair is fine, I have to wash in large twists. It's just easier that way. 

* Update *  I no longer use this line as of August 2015. I don't use shampoo at all, simply Henna and Moroccan red clay. 


I left the conditioner on my hair for 20 minutes or so and then rinsed. There is no need to condition over night, etc because your hair can only absorb so much. I like to keep my wash day as simple as possible. Detangling was a snap, and yes I do use a comb a few times a week. 

After rinsing out the conditioner, I let my hair dry completely before applying leave in conditioner mixed with Olive, Sunflower, and Castor oils. Then I applied my creamy moisturizer before twisting the hair and using small perm rods on the ends and below are the results. 




I'm loving the versatility of my natural hair.  This week I'm enjoying curlier hair. Some of my neighbors swear I've had a haircut.  * grins *  Yeah, one minute I'm rocking my length by stretching the hair with perm rods, and If I want a shorter style, I simply add water or use small perm rods. I opted for twisting in smaller sections for more definition and a tighter curl. For a more stretched look I create chunkier twists and larger perm rods...but that is another post.  ; )



I love my natural hair!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment