Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Havana Twists Installation

Well, I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. We went to my Uncle's cookout Saturday and Monday just stayed inside. Monday was the perfect day for me to install my Havana Twists.
I've been eyeballing the style for a minute, scouring Youtube and practicing the invisible braid method. So, Monday night I was feeling myself, and I had the nerve to start installing the things around 7p.m.  Seriously?!  LOL

I purchased 7 packs of hair a few weeks ago. The Janet collection Havana Spirit is really cool. It's not rough at all. I think I finished around 3 or 4 a.m., Mind you I took a few breaks.  Below is the finished product.


Now, I have to pat myself on the back because I had it going on with the way I twisted these things, unfortunately I wasn't too happy with my parts. Also, my hair is not coarse and dense so in some areas, there wasn't a lot of hair to attach the twist hair too. You would think I have a full head of hair just by looking at me, but sadly I do not. It was because of that aspect that I uninstalled these twists in under 45 minutes. LOL  I never went to bed Monday night and that was fine with me. 

The hair was entirely too heavy for my tastes even though In the past I've had Nubian Twist extensions twice. It was uncomfortable and annoying and I missed seeing my fro. This was supposed to have been a style to help me fight the shrinkage and give Vi a break from the normal wear and tear, but you know what? I think I'll do wash and go's and updos for the rest of the summer. 

I purchased 7 packs of hair, used only 3 and I've got four packs left so I'm selling those on my site, Black Dymond Naturals. 

 I'm going to crochet a wig for myself because for me, I think wigs may be a better option. Don't get me wrong, braid extensions are wonderful, but unfortunately they're not for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment